Re: chere suggestion

Igor Peshansky wrote:
> As DaveK alluded to, this has gotten way off-topic for the main Cygwin
> list.  Redirecting to the cygwin talk list, where anything goes
> (beware of the hippos).

That's fine...I thought my original suggestion was on topic, but I agree
this is mostly basic windows howto stuff now.

>>  How did you get it under the 'send to' menu?

>Right-click on "Start" and choose "Explore".  "Send To" is a folder that
>should be right above "Start Menu".  Just drag your shortcut there.

Ahh, it's that easy!  I'm just a misplaced Unix hacker I guess...

> Try simply putting the following
>
> C:\cygwin\bin\run.exe C:\cygwin\bin\bash.exe --login -c xemacs
>
> as a shortcut in the "Send To" menu.  I don't use xemacs, though, so
> the above is untested.
> Igor

Perhaps I was getting hung up with the cygpath -a stuff.  I assume your way
just opens it up in the specified directory so there isn't any path
problems?  I'll play with it some, as long as the hippos don't get me first!

Cary