Re: log rotation : Cygwin?

> around 10 MiB per day of raw sshd.log
> archived by day, week, month.

> I'm hoping someone reading this has tackled the log
> rotation problem before and might have some advice.

I tried and abandoned the file destination template feature of syslog-ng to
create directories and files named by year,month,day.  I have several
downstream tools which expect to be looking at sshd.log; adapting them to
look at a different filename is a chore I wish to avoid for now.

I ended up compromising by writing my own cron job to stop the services with
cygrunsrv, move and compress the log, then start the services.  I hope this
won't break too often.