FW: Good old nabble

On 18 April 2006 16:24, Christopher Faylor wrote:

> Somebody is desperately trying to send an off-topic message to cygwin-apps
> via nabble.  Since nabble is not allowed to send email to cygwin-apps, the
> messages are bouncing.
>
> But that doesn't stop nabble from archiving the messages on its site:

http://www.nabble.com/Problems-using-Cygwin-with-PHP-on-Windows-t1467304.html#
a3965603

  I'd certainly consider that a bug in their software.  It should only archive
them as they arrive /back/ from the list, not on their way out.  If they
really want to archive all of their users' rejected posts across all moderated
or semi-moderated lists, they should perhaps flag them up as 'unconfirmed' or
somesuch by highlighting them a different colour in the web interface or
something.

  Hey nabble guys, you're generally quite attentive!  Are you following this
thread?

> How delightful - a new way to confuse people about what mailing list to
> use for cygwin.

  Surely you mean "How delightful - another bunch of clueless newbs locked
away in their own little sandbox where none of us will ever have to be
bothered with seeing or hearing from them! Muhahahahaahaaaaa!" ?   ;-)

    cheers,
      DaveK