RE: Not being given the option of installing packages on setup

> From:  Dave Korn
> On 18 April 2006 18:11, Igor Peshansky wrote:
>
> > On Tue, 18 Apr 2006, Natalia M. Belfiore wrote:
> >
> >> [snip]
> >> Tasha
> >
> > Well, actually, what he wrote is unimportant.  What is interesting
> > (and really unsettling to anyone who grew up in Russia) is that
> > Natalia (or
> > Natasha) is a purely female name (c.f. "War and Peace"), and this
> > person is clearly male.
> >
> > No point here, just venting...  :-)
> > 	Igor
>
>   :)  At first I kinda suspected that it was a bloke
> attempting to employ the well known
> "Pose-as-a-helpless-female-and-flutter-your-virtual-eyelashes"
> technique to achieve faster response times from geek-filled
> mailing lists.......

Hehehheee, you'd be amazed at what that'll get you.

>   Then I found....
>
> http://genome-lab.ucdavis.edu/People/TashaBelfiore/default.htm
>
>   AAAAUUUUGHGHGHHHH   MY EYES ARE BURNING  !!!

Meh, he's no Gilbert Gottfried.

> http://genome-lab.ucdavis.edu/People/TashaBelfiore/personalinfo.htm
>
> "I am also called Natasha, it being a common diminutive of
> Natalia, my legal name"
>
>   Note the carefully worded phrase "my legal name", plus also
> the various cute icons including a kitten and a sheep and
> someone dancing?  OK, I'm going to take a guess: this can
> only be explained by GR surgery.

You mean, Sheena was a man?  Hmmm, no, I don't buy it.  You have to be
all-man all-the-time to play in a band named "Chicken Tractor".

Whom, by the way, ROCK!!!!!

--
Gary R. Van Sickle
I can....