RE: FW: cygwin-1.dll long-time bug

On 19 April 2006 14:47, Williams, Gerald S (Jerry) wrote:

> Eric Blake wrote:
>> According to Dave Korn on 4/18/2006 12:38 PM:
>>> [...] and it's probably not something that gets a whole load
>>> of testing in microsoft's QA dept.... ;)
>>
>> They have one?  What are the job qualifications to become a member of
>> that dept, I wonder?  I bet even a hippo could apply...
>
> I think you have it all wrong--they must have the best QA
> department in the world to get their software to the point
> it's at. It's obvious that the source code is written by a
> boatload of demented monkeys. The hippos are only used to
> keep the monkeys under control.
>
> gsw

  I object!  Monkeys make *great* coders - demented ones even more so!

  No, the real problem with Microsoft is not the demented monkeys.  It's all
the skunks and weasels in high level management.

  Oh, and that psychotic gorilla leaping around beating his chest don't help
none, neither.  Leave the damn chair alone, already!

    cheers,
      DaveK