Re: FW: cygwin-1.dll long-time bug

Dave Korn <dave.korn <at> artimi.com> writes:

> "As for the issues looking at threads, the problem is a Cygwin behavior that's
incompatible with the
> Windows API, RtlQueryProcessDebugInformation, that Process Explorer uses to
obtain the list of
> modules loaded into a process. That API injects a thread into the remote
process to query the loader data
> structures. The target process DLLs get a DLL_THREAD_ATTACH notification,
which causes some Cygwin DLL
> thread to hang and the RtlQueryProcessDebugInformation to never return."
>
>   This gives me even more to go on... we may be able to do something about
this.

>     cheers,
>       DaveK

Hello,

I'm currently trying to debug something which seems to show the same symptoms as
the processxp one: When we try to update (with windows update) some multimedia
dlls on windows (mediaplayer fixes, itunes, etc), cygrunsrv.exe hogs 75% of the
cpu, csrss.exe 25% and the update freezes. Maybe the update process tries to
list the threads in a strange way ?

But I'm not sure since I do not seen any ref to
'RtlQueryProcessDebugInformation' in the gdb bt:

Any ideas if the bugs are related ?
(and do you have a tool to find which thread is looping?)

Cheers,

   Ludovic.