RE: Re: Handling special characters (\/:*?"<>|) gracefully

Dave Korn wrote:
>> I actually use a version of such a library to create some of
>> the otherwise-uncreatable files in a /dev directory (which is
>> not on a managed mount). That way, I can do:
>
>   Is this code public?

Some of it is, sort of.

I finally got permission from my company to release it into
the public domain. I even went so far as to create a project
on sourceforge.

One problem is that in order to understand something of the
internal operation of Windows, I was working on this while
looking at the ReactOS code, so initially I pulled several
of their definitions into a header file. I had set up the
project (and received permission to release the code) as a
public domain project, not under the GPL, so it needed to
be cleaned a bit. Looking at the file now, it appears that
I did finally remove the blatantly copied declarations. I
may want to run the file past the ReactOS developers just
to make sure, though.

Now, the whole point to the project was to make something
available that Cygwin could use, since my company would not
sign the release that allowing me to contribute directly.
(This is another reason why the code couldn't be GPL'ed.)
Since Cygwin went in another direction, I pretty much let
it drop.

At that time, I had completed the following routines:

 CaseWiseCreateDirectory
 CaseWiseCreateDirectoryA
 CaseWiseCreateDirectoryW
 CaseWiseCreateDirectoryEx
 CaseWiseCreateDirectoryExA
 CaseWiseCreateDirectoryExW
 CaseWiseCreateFile
 CaseWiseCreateFileA
 CaseWiseCreateFileW
 CaseWiseSetCurrentDirectory
 CaseWiseSetCurrentDirectoryA
 CaseWiseSetCurrentDirectoryW

And was working on:

 CaseWiseMoveFile

If you're interested, I can clean up the project and make
sure the existing files are properly published.

gsw