Re: 1.5.19-4 & snapshot-20060529 : crash when freeing null std::string in dll (resend for attachment renaming)

Dave Korn wrote:
On 31 May 2006 19:29, LenX wrote:
(resend for attachment renaming)

That was completely stupid and pointless. You spammed the list with 500k of duplicate rubbish just because you wanted to change the names? That's really SOOOOooo worth it for everyone else. NOT! FCOL, why didn't you just send a short email listing the new names?

In all fairness, he probably did that because he received a bounce notification, just like I did when I posted a .bz2... not from the list, but from the over-zealous AV filter of someone *subscribed to* the list (say, I thought such bounces were supposed to go to the list admin, not the list poster?).

...Meaning he failed to pay attention to where the e-mail came from and did, as you noted, spam the list with another half MB of attachment. The correct response would have been to a: ignore it (what I did), or b: send a follow-up suggesting that anyone that didn't get the attachment find it via the archives.

--
Matthew
Doom doom dooM doo-DooM dOOm DOom doOM... DOOM! -- Gir