Re: PCYMTNQREAIYR (was: window resizing not updating COLUMNS and LINES)

On Thu, 22 Jun 2006, mwoehlke wrote:

> Buchbinder, Barry (NIH/NIAID) [E] wrote:
> > Igor Peshansky wrote:
> > >
> > > I don't see why, since Googling for "PCYMTNQREAIYR Outlook" turns up
> > > 	the pointers that you quoted above. Igor
> >
> > Personally, that's not a search that I would think of doing, had I the
> > problem, but there's no reason to assume that I share thought processes
> > with anyone else.  :-)  In any case, It will depend on the keepers of
> > the FAQ and OLOCA, and maybe the http://cygwin.com/lists.html page,
> > perhaps with the help of someone sending patch (not me), deciding that
> > it needs to be done.
>
> ...you mean the <http://cygwin.com/acronyms/#CKOA>? You're talking to
> him :-). See <http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2003-02/msg02337.html>.
>
> Given that this is something we usually have to throw at new users, do
> we *really* expect them to know to use STFW? ;-) I would have to say
> that this and TOFU might be deserving of 'one stop shopping' links, even
> if they just point to google with appropriate search terms (perhaps best
> if they do, even).

The problem, as I've already outlined it, is "which terms do I put in the
Google query"?  Outlook?  "Outlook Express"?  Thunderbird?  Pine?

I've already offered to put a link to a page that strived to become a
comprehensive list of solutions to the PCYMTNQREAIYR/TOFU problems.  It
would then be up to the maintainer of that page to add new solutions as
they are discovered (I might even contribute a couple).  But the OLOCA is
not an FAQ.
	Igor
--
				http://cs.nyu.edu/~pechtcha/