Re: PCYMTNQREAIYR

Igor Peshansky wrote:
On Thu, 22 Jun 2006, mwoehlke wrote:
Given that this is something we usually have to throw at new users, do
we *really* expect them to know to use STFW? ;-) I would have to say
that this and TOFU might be deserving of 'one stop shopping' links, even
if they just point to google with appropriate search terms (perhaps best
if they do, even).

The problem, as I've already outlined it, is "which terms do I put in the Google query"? Outlook? "Outlook Express"? Thunderbird? Pine?

I've already offered to put a link to a page that strived to become a
comprehensive list of solutions to the PCYMTNQREAIYR/TOFU problems.  It
would then be up to the maintainer of that page to add new solutions as
they are discovered (I might even contribute a couple).  But the OLOCA is
not an FAQ.
	Igor

I was actually thinking "one of each". I.e. there would be a list of links, e.g. "_Outlook_ _Outlook_Express_ _Pine_ ...", etc. But I must have misunderstood; the impression I got was that nothing was happening. If a page is being made, that would be great! I still think the OLOCA should at least have a link back to such a page, however, for convenience if nothing else. Heck, just make the word "configure" in the acronym's expansion be the link :-). Then there is no new text.

Oh, and I wouldn't worry about Thunderbird, given that the *default* configuration is correct. If someone is using Thunderbird and doing it wrong, there's a good chance that's because they made the change intentionally.

--
Matthew
"The spiraling shape will make you go insane!" -- They Might Be Giants