Re: ssh and SYSTEM

> >> responsible for those
> I did it because this web site has been the consistent source of
> misinformation for years and I wanted to provide a clear, unambiguous
> place to point people to.  No foo at bar dot com.  A real email address.

Sounds reasonable to me - anyone silly enough to ask the cygwin
list to clarify third-party information should be pointed instead to
that third-party, which is exactly what you did.  We have been trying
(seemingly to no avail) to convince people that the methods at
the pigtail website are simply wrong and/or outdated when it
comes to easily installing ssh on a cygwin system, and that the
documentation that comes with the cygwin port of ssh is the
best source to follow.

> I actually checked first to make sure that his email address showed up
> elsewhere on the web.
>
> If people think this is a horrible thing then I'll remove his address
> from the archives but I kind of wanted to have his email address
> archived, too for future reference.  But, perhaps I erred in doing this.

Nah - keep it in there.  At any rate, I wouldn't remove that post unless
Mr. Fong personally requested it (just like we don't answer to third-party
advice, you shouldn't remove an email address due to third-party
complaints).

> I'd be interested in hearing the opinions of the sane members of this
> mailing list.

Oops - I guess that means you can take whatever I said above,
and feed it to the hippos.  Is anyone on this list sane?

--
Eric Blake