Re: Help Understanding Path Issue

On a sunny Friday morning, the 30th day of June, 2006, Corinna Vinschen's computer deigned to emit the following stream of bytes:

> On Jun 29 18:57, Igor Peshansky wrote:
> > On Thu, 29 Jun 2006, mwoehlke wrote:
> > > LD_LIBRARY_PATH? Since when does Windows have any clue what to do with
> > > *that*? (Or it it folded into PATH?)
> >
> > Hmm...  [Digs into the sources]...  Yep, here's the full list as of today:
> > PATH, HOME, LD_LIBRARY_PATH (yes!), TMPDIR, TMP, TEMP.  And no,
> > LD_LIBRARY_PATH is not folded into PATH.  And don't ask me why it gets
> > converted...
>
> A quick grep over the ChangeLogs is sometimes very helpful.

Quick grep?  What's that?  I only have GNU grep installed on my machine.
Is Quick grep something I should try to compile from source myself?  Does
it do a better job than GNU grep?  Is it compatible?  What are the options
I should use?

OAU