Re: Help Understanding Path Issue

Igor Peshansky wrote:
On Fri, 30 Jun 2006, mwoehlke wrote:
Igor Peshansky wrote:
On Thu, 29 Jun 2006, mwoehlke wrote:
Igor Peshansky wrote:
Actually, the list of variables automatically translated by Cygwin was
posted here at some point (it may even be in the FAQ).  At the very
least it's PATH, HOME, and LD_LIBRARY_PATH, but there may be others.
LD_LIBRARY_PATH? Since when does Windows have any clue what to do with
*that*? (Or it it folded into PATH?)
Hmm...  [Digs into the sources]...  Yep, here's the full list as of today:
PATH, HOME, LD_LIBRARY_PATH (yes!), TMPDIR, TMP, TEMP.  And no,
LD_LIBRARY_PATH is not folded into PATH.  And don't ask me why it gets
converted...
Ok, I won't... but at least my confusion is shared. I feel better now. :-)

As Corinna said, the ChangeLogs speak for themselves. See the entry for 2005-05-21 in src/winsup/cygwin. Igor

hmm... get_full_path_of_dll()... that being a Cygwin function (unless Google has lost it), why would this ever need to be in non-POSIX format?

...Still confused. :-)

--
Matthew
Do not expose to hippos. Doing so may void your warranty.