RE: Wading in piles of hippo dung...

On 16 August 2006 23:45, Brian Dessent wrote:

> mwoehlke wrote:
>
>> Do we keep records anywhere for 'longest-running thread', 'deepest
>> thread', etc? All the 'make broke' whiners have (so far) produced a
>> thread with 90 post (65 in cygwin, 25 in cygwin-talk) that is 25 levels
>> deep. :-) And that doesn't count the other threads...
>>
>> Hmm, depth = number of posts in -talk... coincidence?
>>
>> Nope, it's all CGF's evil fault. :-D
>
> It's times like this that I think Cygwin needs an official drinking
> game...
>
> * Every time someone [ ... snip ... ]

  <hic>  Thatsh a greaaaat game!!1!2!!3!  But I think my liver hatesh you! :-/

> * EVERY TIME THAT A HIPPO IS MENTIONED, FINISH YOUR DRINK AND GET A NEW
> ONE.

  Including that time?  <glug>

  BTW, you left one out:

* Every time someone builds dkpg or rpm and reports that it doesn't work, take
a sip.  If they suggest switching over the entire distro to use dpkg or rpm,
in order to make it work, take a glug.

  :-)

    cheers,
      DaveK