Re: change in behavior of make from 3.80 to 3.81

Igor Peshansky wrote:
On Thu, 17 Aug 2006, Igor Peshansky wrote:
On Thu, 17 Aug 2006, Eli Zaretskii wrote:
On Wed, 16 Aug 2006, Igor Peshansky wrote:

Alternatively, you can try to implement a $(cygpath ...) function in
make and submit *that* to the upstream maintainers.
FWIW, I don't think such a function is a good idea, and if it is
proposed on the Make mailing list, I will probably object to it.

The reason is that adding such a function goes against portability of
Makefiles across different ports of Make,
...which you would already have with cl commands and DOS paths...

Actually, sorry, I've misread the above. Doesn't GNU make already have a plethora of functions not present in other makes? What's wrong with one more? If "cygpath" is too system-specific a name, let's pick one that isn't ("pathconv"?). Igor

Hey! Get off my computer! :-)

("pathconv" is exactly the name I gave to my tool that hides the differences between Cygwin's path conversion and Interix's path conversion.)

--
Matthew
Websites such as ... Wikipedia ... are reputed to occupy users for periods in excess of 5 hours. -- Wikipedia article on Internet Addiction