Re: html email

On Mon, Aug 28, 2006 at 05:09:47PM -0400, One Angry User wrote:
> On a balmy Monday, the 28th day of August, 2006, Ethan Tira-Thompson's
> computer deigned to emit the following stream of bytes:
>
> > > [...]
>
> The style that uses red comments and blue keywords doesn't need a
> standard, it needs an eye doctor.  Yuck!  Everyone knows keywords are
> dark purple and bold and comments are blue and slanted.

> Oh, and don't forget to set the right font for the code, otherwise it
> looks even uglier.

These kids with their fancy text editors.  Syntax hilighting is for
sissies.  Text should be green, on a black background the way God
intended it to look.

> [...]
> Besides, the readability of most code I've seen would benefit much
> more from proper indentation than from syntax highlighting...

Only if you're using tabs with 4 characters per indent.  Otherwise, it
makes things as hard to read as email from people who insist on
indenting every paragraph of their email messages.  Go figure.

If you want me to go on arguing, you'll have to pay for another five
minutes.

--
George