Re: Problem when using variable assignment, backticks in shell script

mwoehlke wrote:
CARTER Alan wrote:
In any case, it's pretty weird that bash randomly fails to spawn child
processes! It wreaks havoc on a number of my scripts.

Thought: Silent failure to spawn used to happen on some UNIX boxen when
the process table was full (or one slot remained and user != root).
Might something like this be causing your problem?

(I'm not going to stress my work Windows box this way to attempt to
reproduce, it's too unstable already.)

Regards,

Alan Carter
____

This message and any files transmitted with it are legally privileged and intended for the sole use of the individual(s) or entity to whom they are addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender by reply and delete the message and any attachments from your system. Any unauthorised use or disclosure of the content of this message is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful.

Nothing in this e-mail message amounts to a contractual or legal commitment on the part of EUROCONTROL, unless it is confirmed by appropriately signed hard copy.

Any views expressed in this message are those of the sender.

Hmm... 9 lines of content, 10 of disclaimer... *sip!* Eew, and the disclaimer isn't even line-wrapped...

(How come PCYMTNILOAUD is not on the OLOCA yet? ;-))

Ack! I meant to TITTTL this; sorry! (Hit 'send' too fast and forgot to change the To:...)

Ah, well, but now the poster knows we don't care for LOAUD's. :-)

--
Matthew
We apologize for the inconvenience.