Re: Whence the spam/virus filter?

On Fri, Nov 03, 2006 at 03:50:44PM -0000, Dave Korn wrote:
>On 03 November 2006 15:36, Matthew Woehlke wrote:
>
>> There have been no fewer than *seven* (no, wait... nine? ten?)
>> virus-laden messages slip on the list in the past 24 hours. Am I
>> mis-remembering that we have spam (and /virus/) filters, or are they
>> letting things through?
>>
>> I guess mostly I'm checking that someone is working on it, as the rate
>> of arrival is starting to get ridiculous.
>

>  I dropped a note to overseers but I imagine it's the us-uk time zone
>difference that's meant nobody's seen to it yet.

You really don't have to do this.  I notice these things and take
steps to correct them.  You just add to the spam by being one of the
many "helpful" people clamoring to bring it to my attention.

I have had system problems for the last few days which make it hard
to read email but that just means I have to deal with 27 people saying
"HEY!  I JUST NOTICED A VIRUS!" all at once.

cgf