RE: Excessive thrashing when popen()ing after a large malloc()

Interesting.  That sounds much like the lengthy discussions I've been having
with Pope Benedict XVI, the Dalai Lama, and UK Prime Minister Tony Blair
about how best to use Cygwin to finally bring about a lasting world peace.

> I also once met Marcello Tosatti who also knew about Cygwin
> and seemed to view it positively.  I was introduced to him by
> Rik Van Riel.

Well that's the thing, isn't it?  When Jacques Chirac and I attempted to
broker a permanent Middle-East peace agreement founded on Cygwin about a
year ago, both Ariel Sharon and Mahmoud Abbas ("Abbs" his friends call him)
had nothing but praise for Cygwin.  But then make started choking on Windows
paths, and, well, the rest is sad history.

> Some linux-types (most notably Ulrich Drepper) think that any
> effort which involves making things work on Windows is wasted
> so I was gratified to receive a positive response from a
> Linux notable.  Stephen Tweedie, OTOH, did not seem to have
> any idea about Cygwin when I met him.  Ditto, Thomas Gleixner
> (of real-time Linux fame).

Yeah, President James ("Jimmy") Carter was not even aware of Cygwin when I
first met him either, despite his resume full of peace-brokering work.  Good
guy though; after I had explained the Cygwin Peace Initiative to him while
helping him build a couple Habitats For Humanity, he was totally on board.
I'm hoping I can convince him to write a regular column of sorts on the
Cygwin newsgroup on how other world leaders can meet me, so I can explain to
them how Cygwin can play a large role in the elimination of so much of the
world's strife.

--
Gary R. Van Sickle
Director, World Peace Through Cygwin Foundation