Re: A regrettable oversight

"Ed C. Lueless" <ed.c@lueless.org> wrote in message 20061215152716.GC6259@trixie.casa.cgf.cx">news:20061215152716.GC6259@trixie.casa.cgf.cx...
On Fri, Dec 15, 2006 at 09:56:53AM -0500, Igor Peshansky wrote:
On Fri, 15 Dec 2006, Christopher Faylor wrote:
On Fri, Dec 15, 2006 at 09:21:38AM -0500, Igor Peshansky wrote:
>On Fri, 15 Dec 2006, Christopher Faylor wrote:
>>On Fri, Dec 15, 2006 at 08:36:28AM -0500, Igor Peshansky wrote:
>>>
>>>"We're Just Nasty"(tm).
>>
>>Hey, I like it! That can be our new slogan for 2007.
>
>Yep, just in time for the Vista release...  We'll need it, too.

Well, so far, it looks like Vista will imply a "CJN" since Corinna seems
insistent on punishing people who use Vista by making Cygwin hard to use
there despite Microsoft's laudable efforts in making sure that we are
all snug and secure.

It seems to me that if Cygwin doesn't want to wither up and blow away,
someone should be working hard on getting it to work correctly on Vista!
I am not a Vista programmer but I really don't understand what all of
the fuss is about.  Microsoft has released many versions of Windows
since Windows 1.0 and they are constantly working on improving their OS.
If Cygwin can't adapt to Microsoft innovation then maybe we should all
either be moving to Linux or MinGW.

I hope this will be accepted in the spirit in which it was intended.

Ed, Ed, Ed... Are you spoofing CGF's email address again? :-)

Actually, for once, I AGREE with CFG. All that you ever hear from cygwin developers is how hard everything is on Windows, yadda, yada.

Mayb they should ask Microsoft for HELP instead of constantly TRASHING them.
I get sort of sick with aoll of the anti-Microsoft FDU in these boards.

ed.c.

Hmm... Once again I must suspect a multiple personality disorder. The message ID's indicate that ed.c. sent his mail from the computer named trixie from CFG's casa on Christmas Island.

Which is the same location that  CFG sends his mail from.
Since CFG has not reported bumping into this ed.c. ...

No wonder all you guys do is talk about hippos. You all are literally crazy. ;-D