Re: Maintainer of setup.exe

Christopher Faylor schrieb:
On Thu, Jan 11, 2007 at 12:17:34PM -0000, Dave Korn wrote:
On 11 January 2007 12:10, Christopher Faylor wrote:

On Thu, Jan 11, 2007 at 10:58:46AM +0100, Saro Engels wrote:
Just a small question which I don't want to send to cygwin:
who is the maintainer of setup.exe?
He is writing first person on
http://sources.redhat.com/cygwin-apps/setup.html etc. but I can't find his
name or email anywhere.

Is it possibly http://cygwin.com/acronyms/#SHTDI ?
It's maintained by various people and none of them, btw, want to receive
personal email about setup.exe.
I'm guessing Saro meant that the question 'who is the maintainer'
wasn't suitable for the main list, but it would have been.  Saro, if
you need to discuss the usage of setup.exe, the main list is fine for
that; if you have patches or bug reports, the cygwin-apps list would be
suitable.

Usually when people ask "who maintains X" it means that they want to ask the maintainer a question.

With the possible exception of discussing setup.exe usage in the cygwin
list, AFAICT, this information is gleanable from the setup.html page
referenced above so I assumed that it wasn't necessary to reiterate it.

cgf

That was not the point as Dave stated - I read setup.html several times to know that I don't ask the maintainer questions about the usage of setup.exe. The point I am interested in are those topics that are mentioned on the ToDo list in setup/README.
Since I am thinking of working on a portable package manager which will make it easier to maintain packages on windows as well as on other platforms I would like to have a library for cygwin packages.
Until now there is no library but everything is included in the main project. I have learned a lot with cygwin and I need it sometimes so I am interested in supporting cygwin.

Hope that makes it a bit clearer
SE