Re: CR/LF problems after upgrade

Dave Korn wrote:
> On 18 January 2007 08:48, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
>> You saplings.  In my first microcomputer course we only had 8-bit
>> boards with a hex keyboard and a 2 digit LED display.  Every program
>> which result you can't display within 2 hex digits is a waste of
>> electrons.
>
>  These guys are talking punched cards and KSRs and you had your own
> personal single-board microcomputer?  And you think that makes you
> older?
>
>  ASR-33 = 1963
>
>  KIM-1  = 1975
>
>  Whippersnapper!
>
>    cheers,
>      DaveK

Yea, what he said!

I used to have memorized the binary codes to toggle in the front panel of a
PDP-8 the bootstrapper for the paper tape reader attached to the side of the
KSR.  Then you could load in your real program.

Of course, toggling in the program to make the lights go round and round was
more entertaining!  12-bit words, never did figure out the reasoning behind
that!

Cary