RE: Hippos in DE

On 30 March 2007 19:04, Corinna Vinschen wrote:

> On Mar 30 09:59, Buchbinder, Barry (NIH/NIAID) [E] wrote:
>> Dave Korn wrote on Thursday, March 29, 2007 9:54 PM:

>>> [...]
>>>   *nosip*
>>
>> OH! NO!
>>
>> Didn't know that.  And upon re-viewing, the bottle actually says
>> something like "Alcohol Free", apparently in English.
>>
>> Can anyone explain to me why anyone bothers to drink alcohol-free beer?
>
> Isn't it the taste which counts, rather than the alcohol?

BWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAAHAHAHHAAHHAHAHAHAhahhahahahaaAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHaHahahha
hahahahahahahahahahhahahhahahahahahahahahhahahaahahahahahahahahhahahahhahahhah
ahahahhahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaastoppityerkillingme!

  Heh, no.  It's the alcohol that counts.  Aside from the special case of a
dehydrated cyclist or other athlete, which is the exception rather than the
rule, most beer not being consumed in sporting events (although often *at*
sporting events, but not by the sportsmen, although of course darts and
snooker are exceptions in this case...), why would anybody drink pints and
pints of /any/ fluid unless it had a desirable side-effect?

  All that so-called connoisseurism is merely self-justifying post-hoc
psychological rationalisation.  The simple fact is that most people like the
feeling of being drunk but some people are autorepressing moral prudes who
can't enjoy themselves without feeling they've done something bad and wrong
that needs to be hidden behind an excuse.

  I recommend unabashed hedonism, myself! :-D

    cheers,
      DaveK