Re: cygwin on Vista

Christopher Faylor wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 27, 2007 at 01:39:03PM -0400, Christopher Faylor wrote:

>>> Well a few points here.
>>>
>>> 1.  This wasn't *my* laptop.  This was a friends laptop.
>>> 2.  I found an identical laptop at the store where the sound was working
>>> fine.
>>> 3.  I run vista on my desktop where the sound works perfectly fine
>>> 4.  I listen to all legal music.  I rip and encode my own mp3's from my
>>> own cds.  Last I checked that was perfectly legal.  Otherwise stuff like
>>> iPods wouldn't exist. ;)
>> Are you actually contradicting Dave's psychical abilities?  I mean, come on,
>> the man just provided an in-depth diagnosis of a problem report which contained
>> no useful data.
>
> i.e., the problem report contained no useful data.  I assume that Dave's diagnosis
> was very useful since it was so precise.
>
>> I'd tread very carefully if I were you.  Dave knows all.
>
> cgf

Umm... errr.  Are you referring to the OP's original problem report or
mine.  If it was mine then it wasn't really a problem report.  I had
already done a diagnosis and told that person to return the laptop for a
refund or replacement.  It was mostly a comment and I wasn't responding
directly to the OP's original problem report.  It was already responded
to with the correct response.

And I have no reason to question what Dave says... however I think he
mis-read my post or I wasn't clear on that I wasn't asking any question
but rather bitching a bit here.

- --
Robert Pendell
shinji257@uplink.net