Re: rcp, rsh don't work on Vista?

Christopher Faylor wrote:

> There have been a couple reports now of 3PA's actually doing a
> "chmod +H cygwin1.dll", though, I believe.

I contend that the real problem here is that intelligent people actually
use Windows Explorer as a file management tool without first configuring
it to stop hiding files that have the H attribute set or are in
%SYSTEMROOT%.

I can understand Microsoft's position that by nerfing the default
Explorer settings they prevent the Cletuses of the world from deleting
their SYSTEM32 directories because they didn't know what it was for.
But on the other hand, if you do have an IQ greater than a houseplant
and you continue to use these ridiculous defaults, you shouldn't be
surprised when eventually they get in your way.

Brian