RE: GPLv3

http://www.crynwr.com/cgi-bin/ezmlm-cgi?3:mss:12905:200706:nifbaainbjiiahpeank

> Fortunately, a counterargument was also given:
>
>> This could also be a OSD #5/6 issue, because it
>> completely blocks use by certain parties.  However,
>> the conveyor can only be restricted if they agree to
>> a particular patent deal (something that is not
>> guaranteed by OSD) in relation to GPLv3 software.
>> Deals solely for unrelated software won't affect
>> their rights.

  Yes, it would be a nonsense.  DRM laywers' are in no way excluded from the
GPL, they are welcome to it in the exact same terms as absolutely everyone
else, so they aren't being discriminated against.  The only group who is being
excluded is "people who breach the gpl".

    cheers,
      DaveK