Re: perl5.8.8 SEGfault and corrupt stack

Matthew Woehlke wrote:
Linda Walsh wrote:
cygcheck output attached -- could NOT include it -- Tbird kept crashing.

Thunderbird must have some smarts, it saved you from being yelled at.

From http://cygwin.com/problems.html:
"Run cygcheck -s -v -r > cygcheck.out and include that file *as an attachment* in your report." (emphasis in the original)

Oh my gawd.... Too many mailing lists with separate and conflicting rules. I thought cygwin maintainers used to yell at people for sending attachments because they are all using tty interfaces to email. Oh well... This was a 1st, BTW, that T-bird has refused to send a message -- so weird -- needing both: addressing it to cygwin@cygwin.com & include cygcheck output as text...then crap^hsh.

At least I accidentally got it right...not that it helps a whole lot...

Maybe I should just try to build perl from scratch on cygwin...it's
fairly simple on linux...what could go wrong??? :-)