Re: Looking for man pages

On 8/7/07, Bob McConnell <> wrote:
> I tried "info make" and then '?'. The first nuisance was not being able
> to scroll a line at a time. Having the page jump up half a screen when I
> got to the bottom was jarring. But it was the 20 pages of emacs key maps
> that actually convinced me I was barking up the wrong tree. Life is too
> precious to waste like that. In my case I prefer to spend what little
> time I have left with my grandchildren.

But Think about all the time you'll be saving in the long run if you
took a little time here or there to learn either emacs keys or vi
keys. (vi is better =P )

It seriously pains me to see people use notepad, constantly shifting
from keyboard to mouse, to keyboard, holding down arrow keys...
scrolling even *shudder*

vi has ruined me, I find myself constantly typing extraneous "^" and
"$" and "r" among others in all my documents :(

--
-Andrew Louie