RE: Win2000 anybody?

>> Win2000? Who uses that ol' lump? I mean, what kind of backward,
>> knuckle-draggin', misfit would be caught dead using that... oh, wait
>> a minute. I use that. ;-)

If you can find my post on a bio-informatics board, I was trying to do
an order-of-magnitude comparison between my code and something
vaguely related. They quoted 18 seconds for a computational part, I was at about 90
including invokation of 2 programs, IO, and use of "date" to do the timing.
As I explained that I can't blame cygwin, and they ignore IO but I do have a
substantial IO component I blame on cygwin,  I realized that their 3 Ghz linux system
was probably faster than my Dell Dimension 4100. I realized I have
a 1Ghz CPU, a few hundred mhz bus, and Win 2000 Pro.
And I tried to blame cygwin, LOL.

Mike Marchywka
586 Saint James Walk
Marietta GA 30067-7165
404-788-1216 (C)<- leave message
989-348-4796 (P)<- emergency only
marchywka@hotmail.com
Note: Hotmail is blocking my mom's entire
ISP claiming it is to reduce spam but probably
to force users to use hotmail. Please DON'T
assume I am ignoring you and try
me on marchywka@yahoo.com if no reply
here. Thanks.

> From: dave.korn@artimi.com
> To: cygwin-talk@cygwin.com
> Subject: FW: Win2000 anybody?
> Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2008 16:43:54 +0000
>
> On 27 February 2008 16:33, Larry Hall wrote:
>
>> Win2000? Who uses that ol' lump? I mean, what kind of backward,
>> knuckle-draggin', misfit would be caught dead using that... oh, wait
>> a minute. I use that. ;-)
>

> Win 2K is to Win XP as Win XP is to Vista - i.e., an upgrade.
>

> cheers,
> DaveK
> --
> Can't think of a witty .sigline today....

Climb to the top of the charts!?Play the word scramble challenge with star power.