Re: 'bug' in Unsub-instructions included with 'cygwin-announce' messages.

On Tue, Mar 18, 2008 at 04:02:43PM -0700, Linda Walsh wrote:
> It has the unsub address line as:
>
> I think it should be:
>
> But I could be confused?
>
> I'm probably confused about where to post this, as it isn't really
> an announcement and I don't think cygwin-announce is the proper place
> to announce cygwin-announce related problems.
>
> It's likely the list owners wouldn't really care to receive this type
> of email on a 'personal' level, so personal email is of suspect
> validity.
>
> And it's not exactly a cygwin issue, since it is really about
> cygwin list, which makes it more of a 'meta issue', but there
> is no cygwin-meta list, exactly...though talk might be considered
> meta in a meta sorta way.
>
> I dunnow -- maybe I'll just ask on cygwin-talk and see what others
> say, since I know all the hip(po) type people hang there and maybe
> the problem will be solved (or at least berated, or I will...or something).
>
> Eh?

What this other says is that you're confused about how this works.  The
unsubscribe instructions are put there by the individuals who send email
to the mailing list.  If there was a typo in the instructions, it was
just a typo and not a symptom of a bad mailing list setting.

cgf