Re: inetutils 1.5 / ftpd problem: 426 Data connection: No buffer space available.

> This code only exists in 1.7.  The only way to get ENOBUFS in 1.5.x is
> when Winsock emits it.  I see two possible reasons.  One is a
> third-party firewall software which interacts badly with ftpd on the
> machine with the ENOBUFS problem, the other is ftpd itself.  Does ftpd
> from 1.5 try to write the 215 Megs in one single write call, by any
> chance?  We had this discussion lately and I added a stop-gap measure
> into 1.7 so that no write to the net writes more than 64K in one go.
> The problem is that Winsock unintelligibly tries to create a temporary
> internal buffer the size of the write buffer, regardless of its size.
> Naturally that can fail, and if it does, you get the error code
> WSAENOBUFS.  The only way around that for 1.5 is to split network
> writes to smaller chunks.  Doing that is much faster on Windows, too,
> btw.

Just wanted to confirm - no firewalls on either machine, even Windows'
own firewall is switched off.

The symptoms (works with small files, not with larger ones) would seem
to imply that ftpd is trying to write all 215MB in one go.

Thanks

Ant.