Re: setup.exe --quiet-mode

Phil Betts wrote:
[...] this is
Windowsland where rebooting is a way of life; even Windows'
programmers never expected uptime to exceed 2^32 milliseconds.

(That's approximately 49 days for those too lazy to whip out a calculator. Which is pretty sad ;-).)

I'd actually be quite shocked if I don't have some Windows boxes around that have exceeded that (at least since NT5). I think I've kept my home computer up longer (back when it ran W2K), and likely some lab machines around work (which, granted, never have software or updates installed, so no reason to reboot).

Of course, my Linux gateway at home says:
$ uptime
 11:06:30 up 99 days, 13:35,  2 users,  load average: 0.08, 0.02, 0.05

--
Matthew
If you believe you received this e-mail in error, you are probably sadly mistaken, but if not, aren't you lucky? -- Unknown