Re: Cygwin but not really question

Vince Rice wrote:

...recently switched to a Mac...I would like use the
conv.c program (u2d/d2u/etc.) on the OS X side.

To extend the OS X's base Unix environment to be more Linux-like -- or Cygwin-like, if you prefer -- install Fink: http://fink.sf.net/ This is an APT-based packaging project which pulls in a lot of stuff that you find Linux and Cygwin, which was left out of OS X. There is a dos2unix package:

http://pdb.finkproject.org/pdb/package.php/dos2unix

So, after Fink is installed and configured for the first time, you just say "fink install dos2unix", and there you are. You can use Bash aliases to get 'd2u' and 'u2d' if you don't want to retrain your fingers. I find 'dos2unix' and 'unix2dos' a little more common.

Some people prefer MacPorts (http://www.macports.org/) which does much the same thing. I happen to have started with Fink and have been happy with it, so haven't bothered to even try MacPorts.