RE: things you can do with cygwin, LEH death contest,

You can use cygwin in many death related contests, LOL.
Should I take this to the X-list?

http://www.investorvillage.com/smbd.asp?mb=971&mn=252317&pt=msg&mid=6916554

It may be worth noting that this idea has been around for at least a few months.
I was making some rambling conjectures about this topic a few days prior
to the move. In some part, my conjecture
was based on comments I heard or read about rumours having to do with the Fed
buying longer maturity issues and some simple plots I did with xgraph on cygwin and
some text/csv data files I downloaded from the Fed. I couldn't actually site credible sources now,
again IIRC CNBC and maybe Yahoo or possibly Bloomberg, but
based on this information I probably would have bet the other way by concluding that things are getting
pretty bad.