Re: Cygwin users forum

On Wed, Aug 05, 2009 at 11:47:35AM +0100, Dave Korn wrote:
>(It does make me wonder if there might not be some degree of latent
>demand that would be satisfied by setting up a wiki on cygwin.com, but
>since I'm not about to volunteer the time to maintain it, I don't
>really think I have much right to an opinion on the matter.....)

I'm sure there is latent pent-up demand but the effort involved in
keeping it pertinent by weeding out the "In order to fix this problem
just reinstall 3.5 times" and "Follow the ssh directions at website
http:/qwerer.net/" advice would be incredible.  I'm having enough
fun between the Cygwin mailing lists, the Cygwin irc channel, and the
various other venues at sourceware.org where people try to get Cygwin
help.  I shudder at the prospect of a wiki.

OTOH, I think that a true functioning Cygwin bugzilla would probably be
useful at this point.

cgf