RE: snapshots revisited

David Eisner sent the following at Friday, March 11, 2011 11:13 AM
>Here's my theory.  Chris was making a snarky comment

I don't know about anyone else, but I'll share how Chris's "style"
affects me.

I don't want to be the target of his (or anyone else's) ire.
Therefore, before hitting send, I carefully and critically review
my email to make sure that it is polite, respectful, unpresumptuous,
and thankful.  That is something that everyone should do anyway, but
Chris adds an incentive.

Think about it.  Every request is wrapped around a complaint.
"Please pass the water."  ("Why are you keeping the water over
there where I can't @#$%^ get it!")  So when people make an
effort to avoid triggering a reaction from Chris, the overall
tone of the list improves.  And when they don't, they shouldn't
complain about something that could have easily been avoided.

(However, I admit that appreciation of Chris's style is an acquired
taste.)

>Corrina is polite to list members in general, which is
>appreciated.)

Look at it this way.  Averaging Corinna's constant politeness with
Chris's curmudgeonliness yields a pleasant ambiance.

And if reading some snarky retorts is the price one pays for getting
free help with a great product (also free), we still are getting a
bargain.  If one wants support provided by Corinna and not Chris, I
suspect that arrangements can be made with Red Hat.  :-)

- Barry