Re: Updated: ed-1.6-1

On 4/26/2012 2:38 AM, Lee D. Rothstein wrote:
Long ago (circa 1979), and far away (Ball Labs, CO), I wrote a
text retrieval system in 'ed'. Shortly thereafter, I started
using MicroEmacs.

In a recent discussion -- http://goo.gl/SYoXB -- Walter Bright mentioned that he still uses a customized version of MicroEmacs. He pointed out that he doesn't feel the need for Emacs Lisp and such, since he can just add the feature to the program and rebuild it.

That's our Walter. :)

Now, I use TextPad. Nice, but all but dead, and only single
platform -- Windows -- and missing some key features.

I've got a license for TextPad, too. I'm pretty sure it's the only dedicated text editor I've actually found useful enough relative to free alternatives like Vim to pay money for. (Not counting editors embedded in IDEs and such.) I only stopped installing it on my systems because of its lack of updates. I felt the need to break my dependence on it before I got bit by some bit rot problem.