earlier gcc version installation

Dear Cygwin users,

I have a program which I compiled with gcc/gfortran in a Cygwin/CygwinX environment several years ago, however, I am not able to build the same program with the gcc/gfortran (4.9.2) in the latest version of Cgywin/CygwinX. I tried to install the older version of gcc/gfortran (4.6.x) on the current Cygwin/CugwinX so I can build my program again, but I have not been successful.

I wonder if it is possible to build an older version of gcc on the current Cygwin environment? Installing version 5.1.0 of gcc on the current Cygwin seems OK.

Regards

Jyh-Shyong Ho, Ph.D.
Research Scientist
National Center for High Performance Computing
Hsinchu, Taiwan, ROC