Re: Vim wins again. :)

On 17 July 2015 at 11:45, Warren Young <wyml@etr-usa.com> wrote:
> On Jul 17, 2015, at 6:00 AM, Eric Blake <eblake@redhat.com> wrote:
>>
>> On 07/08/2015 02:00 PM, Warren Young wrote:
>>
>>> Thoughts from the other editor geeks here?
>>
>> You should know better than to provoke editor wars :)
>
> I was hoping for thoughtful commentary instead, like your answer. :)

Then you should have worded your original question better. Pithy
questions get pithy answers.

What exactly do you want to hear from people that isn't something that
has been said since 1986 USENET multiple multiple times.. Emacs does X
better than vi? vi does Y better than emacs? In the end, it is really
about what you the user find better for how your brain works. So you
can't really know that unless you spend a month in each editor trying
to see which one works better for your brain. If notepad++ is what
works best for you then what does it matter that someone else uses
emacs or vi or atom?

--
Stephen J Smoogen.