RE: cygwin.dll bug

Hi, you wrote:

: >Program received signal SIGSEGV, Segmentation fault.
: >strncpy (dst=0x263eb30 "H_c\002\027&@", src=0x0, n=20)

: The debugger appears to be telling you that you called strncpy with a null
: src pointer (src=0x0), which would indeed cause a segmentation fault. If
: your code is not at fault then something truly bizarre is happening to make
: the src pointer zero before it gets to the strncpy function. I have to
: admit I suspect the calling code (i.e. your code), not the library... sorry.

I hope that's not very old, bad code relying to dereference NULL...

Bye, Heribert (dahms@ifk20.mach.uni-karlsruhe.de)
-