RE: wu-ftpd

winspace@void.hell.net wrote:
> has anybody else ported wu-ftpd ? i have modified the sources to the
point where it
> compiles and runs but it refuses to allow any connections. any pointers ?
>
> i had to fake the chroot, initgroups, fchown, getgroups, sigblock and
numerous other
> functions so i suppose thats why its not working properly yet.

I made the same work last year. And I understood, that direct porting
wu-ftpd to win32 environment with cygnus tools is a bad idea :-( Inetd runs
separate copy of wu-ftpd for each ftp connection. It takes much memory
resources. Multiconnection inet services should have multithreading model
in win32 environment! If you need really good native win32 ftp server for
Windows NT or Windows 95, search for War-Ftpd on www.windows95.com. It is
really great ftp daemon for win32 platforms.

--
Sergey Okhapkin
Moscow, Russia

-