Re: Minor bug and a question

Chris Cowan wrote:

> First the bug:
>
> I successfully built bison 1.25 and flex 2.5.4 with b17.1.  I did
> encounter one minor annoyance.  When I did a "make install", it bombed
> because install.exe was unable to find the binaries with the *.exe
> suffix.
>
> Presently, it appears that the gcc/g++ and the interactive shell do a
> little magic so that bison and bison.exe (for example) are the same
> executable.  However, it seems to me that it would be better to
> actually make a hard link between the two file names, than try to
> recognize the "context" where it would be used.

What's a hard link? :-)  The only hard links in the MS world
are the ones on NTFS produced by programs running in the Windows NT
POSIX subsystem.  (Aside from this being NTFS and Windows NT specific,
the POSIX subsystem has no access to Win32 facilities, so it isn't
relevant to GNU-win32.)

> I haven't looked at the cygwin source yet, but this will be a problem
> for any program which will accept the name of a executable as an
> argument.

This is one problem among many.  I don't think we're in the land of unix
anymore, Toto.

--
<J Q B>
-