Re: Shell scripts?

Scott,

Is there any chance you could share those modifications with the
folks on this list? We're trying to solve a nasty problem with
spawning shell processes and your fix could be a great help to us.
Thanks in advance for your help.

On 27 Jan 97 at 16:14, Scott Kempf <scottk@utig.ig.utexas.edu>
wrote, concerning: Re: Shell scripts?:

> It is possible that you have more than one version of bash.
> Make sure that all your bash.exe and sh.exe are the same
> file length.  Fork sometimes grabs the wrong executable.
>
> #!/usr/local/bin/perl.exe
>
> Will not work.  Nor will "#!/bin/sh -x".
>
> I've made a patch to winsup/spawn.cc that seems to fix this.
> I haven't sent it out yet, since I wanted to make sure it
> was right.  It seems that every version of UNIX I've tested
> rewrites the arguments a little differently, so I just did
> my own style.
>
> Can anyone tell me where I might find POSIX or X/OPEN system
> standards on the web?
>
> 			    Scott
> -
> For help on using this list, send a message to

  Aubrey McAuley <aubrey@eden.com>                  ---- Fineep ----
| The Eden Matrix Online Service                Adhesive Media, Inc.  |
| Web URL   http://www.eden.com      101 W.6th,#210, Austin, TX 78701 |
| voice: 512-478-9900, x201                     dialup: 512-478-9963  |
-