How do everything to get X11 working?

Appearently I am in way over my head on trying to compile X11 using
cygwin.dll.  I need to know everything I should do to install cygwin
correctly, consider I am starting from a machine that has just had win95
installed. I have two partitions. I can put anything on either one. I need
to know any mounts, path additions, and ect. to do this. I have fought it
for several weeks and think I may have done something wrong.

Ryan M. Hager
hagerr@acm.org

-