numerical errors in f2c -> gcc

b17.1 on NT4

f2c builds with no problems...installs without a hitch

Numerical codes ported from sun and sgi type machines compile, link and
run without a hitch.

Almost all numerical results are slightly wrong (4-9th sig fig) when
compared to the "test cases".  Occasionally, when numerical second
derivatives are used, the differences are very large (second sig fig).

No fixes or workarounds have been found...very troubling

No, this is not an old pentium machine.  It is a micron P6-200 system,
but all of our NT machines have shown the same problems.

Some kind of answer is really needed or we will have to move back to
the old suns.

mullinwm@picard.ml.wpafb.af.mil
-