Re: gcc-win32 b17.1 cc1plus err 1121 - What does it mean?

> - mismatch of const/non-const references.
>   class anyclass {
>      public:
>         int foo();  // non-const function
>   };
>
>   void bar(const anyclass &r)
>   {
>       r.foo();
>   }
>
>   This construct seems to result in the same gcc behaviour, but this
>   is just my guess, I'm not absolutely sure.

This is very interesting, considering that a function call to a method
that could change the object's state on a const object should just print an
error at compile time and bail.  I can't believe this would happen on all
versions of GCC; 2.7.2 has been around quite awile, I would have thought
someone would have caught that.  Maybe it's specific to the Win32 port?

> BTW, it doesn't matter if you are using the Cygnus C library or the
> mingw32 one. The gcc behaviour is the same with both.
> BTW 2, the 1121 number is not an error code of cc1plus but it is just
> the process id of cc1plus.

Wasn't sure how much headers (pragmas, etc.) could change the behavior of
the compile; frankly I haven't looked at them very closely so I just
thought I'd post it in case it helped...

Thanks for the info: at least I know two other things to look for now...
:-)  See my other post yesterday for yet another way to crash it.

- Jonathan Lanier
  jonathan@westwood.com
-