absolute pathnames not handled in b17.1 make

I just downloaded b17.1 and I found a problem with make.

An example describing the problem is as follows:

The following is in the makefile

target_file: /users/dirx/file.vhd
	create_target_file commands

I am executing make in the d:/users/dirx directory. I get the following
error message:

gmake: *** No rule to make target '/users/dirx/file.c', needed by
'target_file'. Stop

Relative paths in the dependency list seem to work fine. The following
works:

target_file: ./file.vhd
	create_target_file commands

I also noticed that you cannot use drive letters when specifying full
paths. It seems that this version of make does not like the colon.

I am not yet a subscriber to the gnu-win32 mailing list. Please send any

-Jay

--
Jay Brown
FORE Systems