bash won't hand off to perl (reprise)

I posted a while back complaining that bash.exe wouldn't hand off to the
right command interpreter even if the shell script started with something
like:

#!/usr/local/bin/perl

After applying Geoffrey Noer's patch (well, OK, getting a cygwin.dll from
someone who did - Thanks Ron!) it did work.

However, the following still does not work:

%> /bin/sh perl-script.pl

In this case bash still tries to process the file as if it is a bourne
shell script.  Why would you ever want to do that you ask?  Weeell, believe
it or not I'm trying to run a gnu makefile from a cmd prompt.  It actually
works, kind of.

Has anyone attempted to do/fix this?

Thanks,
--jp

(Gzipped, patched versions of cygwin.dll or bash.exe gladly accepted via
email!)
-