Fw: Problems with cvs and diff

> > I looked at the diff source, and found that the problem occurs in the
> > check_stdout() function in diff.c.  It is complaining that stdout is an
> > invaild file handle.
>
> How do you get that?  check_stdout prints "write error" if either there
> was an I/O error on a previous write (in which case it is too late
> to know what sort of error it was) or if fclose fails.  You couldn't
> know that fclose failed with "invalid file handle" just looking at the
> source.

Sorry, I neglected to indicate that I re-compiled the source with a wee bit
of debugging code to display what was causing the error.  ferror() returned
an error which, by using perror(), indicated that the handle was invalid.

I checked the archives, and didn't find any messages from Victor, nor any
on cvs
or diff.

Cheers!

	-klm.