libwinmm.a

Hi,
I'm trying to compile a code that uses the waveInGetNumDevs
call (multimedia). I checked in libwinmm.a and it seems that
this function is there. However when I compile the code
it can not resolve the function call. I tried gcc -lwinmm
but no luck either. Has anyone tried something similar?

Also, can use gcc to link in dll's for which there is no
corresponding lib....a ? How would I do that?

thanks in advance

George Kechriotis
-